Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sabbath

The word on my mind today is sabbath! This last week I was at District Council, came back early for a funeral, made two hospital visits in St. Louis, and then hosted our first Missions Weekend Friday through Sunday evening. Monday I started at 7:00 a.m. and destroyed our kitchen, then spent the rest of the day putting it back together so that new counters could be installed today. I worked till midnight. So, today I was so tired and hungry that I was a bit out of my mind! I literally could not think straight. I was so hungry at 10:00 this morning that I took lunch at 10:25.

This is why God tells us to take a day to rest. Research shows us that without proper amounts of rest we are unable to remember what we have done recently. Ever feel like life is a blur? Your brain can't even process everything. You need rest.

No comments: