Thursday, May 22, 2008

Great Comments

As a Pastor there are times when a person says something that really amazes you and reminds you that God is working in the Church.

Last night three people in the church came early to pray for me and Laura because they heard that both of us were struggling with our voices and I had asked Laura to lead worship because mine hurt so bad. After praying for us Laura had tears in her eyes and said something like, "It has been four years since I attended a church where anyone in the church would stop to pray for me like that." That made me feel so privileged to pastor our church.

Then after church a person said, "Someone called me optimistic this week. Then, another person asked what had happened to me in the last month that I was so different. I told them I changed churches and I feel so close to God." Then they said something like, "I have always wanted people to say to me, 'You have something different that I want.'" I was so excited for this person! people are seeing the presence and effect of Jesus in that believer. I wish I had a tape recorder with me to record these kinds of moments. I always have a hard time remembering the exact wording of people's testimonies and the exact wording is always what amazes me. There are so many different people and so many ways to tell what God has done.

If I will faithfully pastor, there is no telling what God is going to do with this kind of church! I am so full of expectation today.

No comments: