Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Braggin' Time


Ok, I know that I am just braggin', but you gotta' admit this is pretty cool!


Friday we took the kids to the river front trail in downtown Washington. It is a trail that curves along the river and is kept up by the parks department. It is marked every half mile and is just over 2.5 miles long.


Steph and the kids rode their bikes and I jogged. The plan was for me to jog with Elizabeth and Steph could ride and keep up with the boys on their bikes. Lib is 3.5 and the boys are 5 yrs. old.


Here is the amazing thing. I ended up jogging with the boys the entire 2.5 miles and when we turned around to jog back there was Elizabeth! We started back and I was worried that I would be carrying her and her bike for a mile or two at the end. But she rode the whole thing, all 5 miles! Furthermore, she was the first one back to the river front park where the trial begins.


My thing has always been long distance running. It looks like Elizabeth might have a little of the endurance gene in there somewhere.

No comments: