Thursday, June 12, 2008

S-T-R-E-T-C-H

A few months ago I posted a blog about being stretched. A person in the church came to me and said that the Lord was going to begin to stretch me. If there is one thing that has kept me calm it is the warning that I feel I received from the Holy Spirit, through a friend, that God was going to stretch me.

Perhaps the biggest talent that I am being trained in right now is managing my time. Every day seems shorter! I finish lunch and say, "I only have four hours!" Every conversation counts. I am trying to sharpen my focus to what counts the most. I am cutting away some time wasters at the office.

When I get home I want to slow down and be a dad to my kids. That means at work I have to have a pretty tenacious, competitive attitude. I am happy. I am not stressin' But, I feel like God is trying to teach me how to do the full court press for all four quarters, not just the last few seconds or minutes. That requires a different kind of pace that can be maintained, in a healthy way, for the long run.

No comments: