Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Rewind

I was very excited about this Father's Day message. I liked having people share their experiences with their great grandparents. I liked using other peoples stories as the illustrations not my own. There were several amazingly beautiful surprises. This message was much richer because I used your stories rather than mine.

I was also impressed at the end to hear people naming off character traits that they had learned from their father. There were two young women who both spoke up and a 12 year old boy in the first service who I think made their dads really proud and a bit humbled. Again, the input of the congregation was rich.

It really makes me think that I need to come up with a way of preaching crowd participation messages more often and have a way to capture the entire thing on CD better.

No comments: