Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Numbering My Days

Psalm 90 includes a prayer that says, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Today is my wife's birthday. Last night we were talking about Psalm 90 together because it is in this month's Missionette lesson, good (God) timing!

Birthdays are always a great time to review our lives. For many this is depressing. God has no intention to depress you each birthday. In the Bible old age is a privilege (I am not saying my wife is old!). As we get older we should be racking up wisdom and learning experiences with God. Don't get depressed on your b-day. Be thankful and be motivated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Stephanie I said Happy Birthday! Mine is on the 20th and I am looking forward to it.(45) I love birthdays! I will have to look at Psalm 90 again. I haven't read that one for a while.

Pastor With Coffee said...

Have a very happy b-day!