Thursday, July 10, 2008

Proud of Benjamin

Yesterday I talked with a lady in our church who quit smoking two years ago after decades of addiction to cigarettes. She and my wife prayed about it on a Sunday morning and she never smoked again, no drugs, no patches, no pills, and she gives God all the credit. Though she is free from smoking she is still feeling the effects and has emphysema. She was in the hospital a few months ago for it.

She explained that Ben approached her on Sunday, gave her a hug and asked, "How's your breathing doing?" I was stunned to hear her story. We have not talked to Ben about her hospital stay. She said, "He almost made me cry. He's gonna grow up to be a Dr."

I am glad that being closely involved in the family of God is helping my kids become sensitive to people. There are many reasons to go to church regularly. Church is about salvation, but it is also about character development.

No comments: