Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was very tough for me.

Our Small Group did a fourth of July gathering and I was up way too late Saturday night. First service went fairly well, but then in second service my brain went into slow motion!

The sermon was on tolerance and how the Bible instructs us to be full of grace and mercy while at the same time being firm in our faith. It was a very difficult sermon because it needed to be given very carefully. It was about a very fine line and about the balance that the Scripture gives us to love the world like God does and still live a pure and holy life of witness for God. I feel like I really ruined the second service sermon. I may begin taping the first service. I think that I am consistently preaching better in the first service. Occasionally the second service will be more fun because I have become comfortable and secure in the topic so that I can have more fun preaching and it keeps peoples attention better. However, between the difficulty of the subject and me being tired Sunday second service was so-so in my book.

Worship was great Sunday and it was good to celebrate communion together.

No comments: