Monday, July 7, 2008

Word of Encouragement

I just wrote a letter of encouragement to a person I have been praying for who is in a very difficult situation. I had to be careful and a bit vague in the letter because I believe that it will be read by some others before she receives it. Well, that made the letter a bit vague, but it also made it broadly applicable. I believe it might bless a lot of people if I post a portion of it.

I want to encourage you to stay strong in the Lord. He is good even when the situations of life are not so good. The Bible says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path.” (Proverbs 3:5) I know that you know what it is to be saved and that Jesus is Lord. The Bible also instructs us to, “…set apart Christ as Lord.” (1 Peter 3:15) That is, we should continually keep our commitment to him.
I know that God will bring you through. Job said, “I know that my redeemer lives… in my flesh I shall see God.” (Job 19:25-26) David said, “I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” These men believed that God would give them eternal life in Heaven for serving him, but they also believed that God would save them in the current distress of this life too!
I encourage you to do some study in the Scriptures and find these passages for yourself. Stand on the Word of God and he will answer you. Please stay in touch. I will keep praying for you.

No comments: