Monday, January 12, 2009

Good For The Soul

They say that confession is good for the soul and I have a confession/retraction that I want to make.

Sunday in the message about the millennium I used a scripture from Isaiah that was not supposed to be in this weeks message, but was for next week's message. Isaiah 11:4-9 says, "The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox." That is not likely to be in the millennium, but it will more likely be the case in the new heavens and new earth. Revelation says there will be no more death in the new earth. However, during the millennium, there will be death.

Well, occasionally I mess up in my preaching and here is one example. Isaiah 11:4-9 more accurately fit in the New Heavens and New Earth message than the millennium message.

Also, I am working on a time line to hand out next week so that this series will be a little more easy to follow for those who have no background on the subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It just goes to show that you were excited about this whole series and wanted to really get to the finish line quicker to make sure we all got it. I will be looking forward to the timeline as it might help me quite a bit since I miss so much with the deafness. You are doing great!!!