Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was a packed and tiring day.

Morning worship was really great. We had several visitors. Also, it was great to feel the energy of worship. In second service I could really hear the congregation singing. We run the sound system loud so that people will sing out loud and be enthusiastic (we don't want to hurt people's ears). In the second service, the congregation out-sang the worship team and sound system. I love it when that happens.

I went to lunch with Mark, Brent, and all our kids so the wives could hang out together. After lunch I had to rush over to Cedar Crest Nursing H0me for the 2:30 service. I got home just before 4:00 and sat and talked with Sylvia and Zelda till I had to leave for the business meeting. I arrived back home at 9:40.

In the second service four people responded to the opportunity to ask Jesus for forgiveness of sins. That is what being a Christian is all about. Get saved, then lead someone else to do the same.

No comments: