Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Rewind

Sunday was extremely busy. I left the house at 7:10 a.m. Church was good. Good attendance of 150. I was glad so many responded to the message in the Pentecostal Parish series. This week was, The Pentecostal Parish is Surprising. As a church we expect miracles, but they are always surprising at the same time because God is so awesome. I want a renewed sense of awe of God and I desire that God would renew his mighty acts in our day (Habakkuk 3:2).

After church we had lunch with some friends and celebrated their daughter's 13th birthday. happy Birthday Hannah!! Then the whole family went to the nursing home service and our kids sang a few songs. The residents really like the kids being there and my kids love going with me.

We left the nursing home and drove to Labadie to hang out with another family in the church who had their extended family in town to visit. It was a great time, the weather was perfect for sitting outside.

I was back home at about 8:30 p.m. Long day for my kids, but they had a blast all day. I hope that these kind of days will relate to my kids that ministry is a great vocation. If they don't feel called, then I hope that they will find fun, joy and meaning in serving the Lord in some great way.

No comments: