Saturday, April 25, 2009

Week Gone

This week flew past! It is Saturday night and I am back home. I just finished posting some pictures on my Face book profile and our church group profile. I had an amazing time hunting with Gabe and Ben. We called to a gobbler for about an hour, talking back and forth. Then, we watched and called to a second gobbler that cam into our area with a hen. We could not get him or her to move in any closer. Then another gobbler came in close and we got him. Big bird, will make four or five meals I think. Fishing was also fun. Then helped grandpa move a couple bulls to another field.

District council was more interesting than I thought it would be. First, Brother Baker and Brother Grant had very good messages for us. I wish I could have been able to stay for Brother Spence, he is always interesting to hear from.

The business was far more interesting than I had expected. We talked a lot about camps and funding camp. A motion was made and passed for us to have a special called meeting in the fall to revisit the camping issues again before we head into 2009. I have never yet experienced a special called district business meeting in all my years of ministry. This will be new for me.

I was ratified as the Assistant District Christian Education Director. That is an enjoyable job. I like working with Curt Rozean, he has a winning attitude. After that announcement I had to go to a microphone and say a few words. That is the first time that I have ever said anything publicly in any kind of council meeting. I was elected to this job a few years ago, but I did not have to say anything.

I had honestly forgotten that the district would have to nominate an ordained pastor under 40 years old for the National Executive Presbytery this year. It is a new position that the General Council enacted in 2007 and is now being implemented. Somehow I was elected to be the nominee. So, I had to go back to a microphone in the meeting hall and say thank you again. I am very thankful for the opportunity to have my name submitted.

My number one goal in life right now is to pastor First AG in Washington. My goal is to pastor one church for life. If the Lord has anything for me to do along the way additionally, I will continue to help out. There are so many other pastors in our district who are my peers and very good pastors. I mean excellent pastors. It was surprising, daunting, and humbling to be nominated.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Continuing in the Pentecostal Parish series. So far we have done, The Pentecostal Parish is: Christ Centered, then Spirit Empowered, and tomorrow, Surprising. With God's power to do miracles and the Holy Spirit's creativity church should be surprising each week.

No comments: