Sunday, November 8, 2009

Shooting Stars

Friday I took the kids to my parents house in the country for a bonfire. The weather was perfect! We ate dinner, started the fire, roasted hot dogs and then laid out to watch the stars. In one hour of story telling and conversation I saw five shooting stars.

Elizabeth says that she saw one of them. Back in 1992 I was with Stephanie, who is now my wife, and we were looking at the stars when a shooting star shot through the sky. It was her first shooting star and we saw it together. I am so glad that Elizabeth and I saw her first shooting star together.

Trivia: The term bonfire may be from an old Celtic practice of cooking an animal at a celebration or religious festival and then throwing the bones in the fire (bone fire) to ward off evil spirits. Our hot dogs had no bones and we have the Holy Spirit who always makes us over comers.

No comments: