Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sharp

Sunday I continued the "Wisdom" series. We are reviewing a few themes from the book of Proverbs. This Sunday was, "The Wisdom of Friendship."

The challenge was for every believer to develop and keep seven friends who meet four strict criteria. This is no one-week project. It is a life goal requiring continual attention. One reason to do this is found in Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." (NIV)

Interestingly, this week seems to be a week for me to be with people that make me sharper. I have had several meetings and conversations with individuals who have really helped me stay sharp. Who makes you sharp? Who inspires you to be a great believer in Jesus Christ, a great citizen, a great spouse, a great money manager, or a smarter person? Why not schedule lunch with them this week?

No comments: