Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekend Rewind

This last Sunday was the third in 40 Days of Purpose. We are looking at the purpose of fellowship, being formed for God's family. Being formed by God to fit into his family means that we all have a part, we are commanded to love each other, and remain committed to each other.

I was angry at my self at the end of service because the sermon took too long to preach. In the second service it was even worse! We started 4 minutes late. No one was in the room (the 2 minute warning did nothing) so we started with a song to get everyone in the room. That meant that the service was a total of ten to eleven minutes late! Add the sermon being too long and I was really frustrated. I would not have waited for everyone to be in the sanctuary, but the board and I wanted everyone to hear the announcements about the vision meeting we had last week. No use sharing announcements about our church when most of the people are not in the room yet.

However, we had a great attitude of worship, gifts of the Spirit in operation, and people really responded to the service. I am really excited about the next two weeks!

No comments: