Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What I Have Been Reading

Here is what I have read in the last few months.

1. Re-Create: Creating a Culture in Your Home Stronger Than the Culture Destroying our Kids, by Ron Luce. Great book for anyone raising kids or teens. The first half of the book is about creating a culture in your home, the second is about creating a culture in your church. Our small group just finished the first half before 40 Days of Purpose.

2. Is Believing in God Irrational?, by Amy Orr Ewing. I finished this a few months ago. Now my wife is reading it.

3. Crossing Over: Getting to the Best Life Yet, by Paul Scanlon. This is a book about transforming a local church into an organization that reaches lost people rather than taking care of believers and cycling them from church to church. Quick read. I had the board members all read this to prepare for a double portion. I finished it a few months ago also.

4. Presidential Courage, by Michael Beschloss. Very interesting read. He has an unusual way of notation that I am not familiar with. I love history and this book gets into some untold stories of the past.

5. The Success Principals, by Jack Canfield. Very inspirational. Helps remove "I can't" thinking.

6. Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity, by Mark Batterson. I finished reading this several weeks ago. It is a very exciting description of the greatest commandment of Scripture.

Leaders are learners. Never stop learning.

No comments: