Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Rewind

This was a super busy weekend. By Sunday noon I was beat!

We had a great Royal Ranger camp out. Ben and Gabe had their first ever official baseball practice (neat), and church was great.

At the end of worship in the first service I was left with a huge remaining hunger for more of God and greater contact with him. That was really disturbing to me, considering that I felt that disconnect through the last three songs. Isaiah chastises the people of God by quoting a complaint from God, "You have not wearied yourselves for me." God is gracious and we don't earn anything with him. But, if your spouse, children, or friends never expend any energy on you, don't you wonder if they really love you? It was great to spend some extra time at the end of worship seeking God in first service.

Second service was great. We had a lot of visitors in the last two weeks. If you are a regular, keep your eyes open for new friends in the next few weeks. Special thanks to Rich Langenberg for running the PowerPoint for me.

No comments: