Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Journey

We are preparing for our Celebration Sunday, April 17th. To be prepared I am going to try something that I have never done before. (I usually speak on giving or generosity one time per year, not even every year to be honest. I think I missed a couple.)

On Sunday mornings I am preaching about financial matters and what the Bible says about money. This is not just about giving! This is about coveting, working, lending and borrowing, and most of all, our attitude toward God and all the types of blessings that he provides for us. God's blessings are far more than just money. I believe that God wants to give you the desires of your heart, when you delight yourself in him.

On Wednesday nights I feel compelled to provide something to the core people of our church. I will be sharing a video series called, "The Blessed Life." I have watched this series more than one time. Brother David Snodderly says that every person in our church must see this. He actually bought this series and mailed it to me! When Stephanie and I listened to these messages we were deeply challenged! If you are already a tither and a giver, then this set of messages is made for you. If you are a committed believer, this is for you. This is not for the seeker or the half hearted. But if you want to really move deeper in your trust of God, don't miss out on this.

In our Small Groups we will begin a study called, "Take God At His Word." It also is about generosity and stewardship.

This is a lot, but there are two extremely great purposes that I have in this course of action.

1. I want people in the church I pastor to be BLESSED! And I know that people who mis-manage God's blessings, refuse to tithe, and are afraid to give will not be blessed. I want you to have the blessings of healing, peace, accomplishment, and more of God's presence. Can God honestly grant his blessings to ones who will not trust him regarding material blessings?
2. I want Christians who have served the Lord for years to be challenged in their hearts to trust God for everything, like Stephanie and I have been challenged to trust God for everything! Have these challenges been easy? NO WAY! However, as we work through the challenges of doing his will and working our hearts out for him every day all day, we are FILLED WITH JOY!

No comments: