Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Rewind

What a packed weekend!

Friday and Saturday were filled with time with friends this weekend. It was a real joy to fellowship. It was also great because we had two conversations that really ministered to us in the situations that we are facing medically with Stephanie and Gabe.

Sunday morning I took Gabe aside during worship and we prayed together about the oral surgery that is coming up. We are praying that the Lord would work so that he does not need the surgery. I am hoping that the Lord will do a miracle for him that will forever teach him about the reality of God's healing love for us.

Sunday was also special because four young men came forward to be saved in the second service! As the four of us gathered to pray, I may have been the smallest guy in the group! God is also working the lives of several other people! A man who recommitted his life to Christ in my office Tuesday, made a public confession of his faith Wednesday, and witnessed to a fellow worker who is heavily involved in the occult on Thursday. The co-worker responded in tears! I don't have the rest of the story yet, but will find out later today.

Lastly, we had four hours of meetings with the different Capital Stewardship Campaign teams on Sunday afternoon. For lunch I visited my friend Mike's mom who is suffering severely with breathing problems. Please pray for her healing with us, her name is Stella. By the time I got home Sunday at 5:45, I was a bit tired. I woke up this morning about 3:45 with all these things swimming in my head. I was praying for God's help, but also thanking him and enjoying his blessings.

No comments: