Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Students of the Word

Today I want to encourage you to remain a student of the Word. Stephanie just finished the Bible in 90 days! Way to go Stephanie. I think every Christian should read the Bible through at least one time every year. That way, when you hear preaching, you will never hear a verse used that you have not personally read in the last 12 months. It will keep you from following many very foolish directions that un-biblical teachers will take you.

My goal is still to read the Bible as many times through as I am years alive. It is not about racking up points, but that life goal will keep me close to God and will keep my faith high and my heart pure. No matter how long you have served the Lord, you can't afford to stop being a student of the Word.

Wednesday night Bible study tonight is Exodus 15:22-27, bitter waters, the Lord provides and the Lord is our healer. Good stuff coming to ya'.

No comments: