Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We Have It By Faith

Many of you are asking where we are in purchasing a new location for church. The answer is I don't know the timing. What I do know is that God has given us what we need. Let me give you a run down.

1. We have pledges from The Journey Capital Campaign totalling $282,000.00. Our goal is $300,000.00. We need new pledges on October 30th, Celebration Sunday.
2. We have $82,000.00 in the building fund so far this year.
3. Our building is up for sale.
4. We have saved a large sum of money for down payment or renovations.
5. We have already made two offers.

I am not going to post all the exact numbers on the Internet, but suffice it to say, if several very realistic elements will come together in the next month we can buy the building we want.

Here is the tough news. I could have written this exact same post five weeks ago! It is as if there is some kind of hold-up in the process. I don't know what it is. I am working on this process almost every day for at least an hour, yet we don't have forward movement. What is the solution?

We need to pray! We need God to move us.
1. God moved Israel out of Egypt not only because of his promise that Abraham's kids would live in a foreign land for 400 years, but because in Exodus 3:7 God says, "...I have heard them crying out..." Start crying out with me and your Elders.
2. God always provides a place for his people.
It was the provision of the Garden of Eden.
It was the promise of land in the Old Testament.
It is the promise of Jesus as he left the earth in John 14.
It is the promise of God for us following the rapture.
It is the promise of God in the New Heavens and New earth.
God has a place for us. It is a place that is not just big enough, but big enough to fulfill his mission for us, to reach all nations and reach our region for Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. In Isaiah 49:20 God's people call out, "This place is too small." God's will is for us to be fruitful as a church and multiply, to fill the earth and subdue it. That means that we need more space.

We need to earnestly pray! I challenge you to pray these Scriptures with me. Pray the promises and principals of God with me for the move that we need immediately.

No comments: