Thursday, January 12, 2012

26 Degree Graveside

Today I did a graveside service at Jefferson Barracks for a vetran. It needed to be very short because it was so cold and snowy. I started with a Scripture of comfort about salvation, shared this message, then closed in prayer. I think that the Lord gave me a message for the day. Here it is.

Today we stand in a hall of warriors. There are many stories of bravery behind most of these stones that will never be told to human ears.

Standing in this hall of warriors I bring you a thought from the Scriptures.

2 Samuel 23:20-23
20 Benaiah son of Jehoiada was a valiant fighter from Kabzeel, who performed great exploits. He struck down two of Moab’s best men. He also went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion.

Today we stand like Benaiah in a hall of heroes.
We face the pit of the grave
We face the lion of loss.
We face them in snowy circumstances.

Who was the help of Benaiah, the great warrior? It was his God, who is also my God, Jehovah who sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. In this time of sudden loss, I encourage you to turn to him. He is the God who strengthens the hands and hearts of warriors.

No comments: