Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Power of Small

I am researching small groups this week.  As I have been reading about small groups today I realized something very powerful.  My decision to follow Christ was made in a voluntary, small group meeting setting.

I really thought that I was going to lose out on Heaven when I was 15 years old.  I felt as though I knew nobody who lived a Christian life.  Then a small group of teens asked my to go to dinner with them.  We had met at a church gathering with many people of all ages.  When the time of fellowship was over, my mind was made up.  If I will hang out with these people, I can go to heaven.

The Small Group ministry at Frist Assembly is essential.  Everyone needs a place of worship, that is our large group gatherings and events.  But more importantly, we all need a face of worship.  A friend who will worship, pray, fellowship, serve and evangelize the lost with us, side by side.  I did not realize how much a small group of believers impacted my life until I stopped to think about it more specifically.

No comments: