Thursday, February 7, 2013

I Am Here For You

Often when people start attending church they only attend for what they perceive they need.  As we grow in God we will always have continued needs that are met at church.  However, as we mature, there comes a point where we attend church for others needs, not our needs.

Attending church is a weekly opportunity for you to get knowledge, friendship, peace from God, and direction for your life.  It is also an opportunity for you to serve others the knowledge, friendship, peace and direction they need for their lives.

Every Sunday I trust and hope that God touches lives through me, I am the Pastor.  But I am not just at church to give to you, I want to receive.  In the same way, I hope that you are not at church just to receive from God, but to give to others.

If you attend church 12 times a year, then you really don't come often enough to even know how you could help others.  But if you attend weekly, you will make new friends and start to become aware of your environment to the level that you will notice needs as they arise.  The biggest need people have is friendship.  Attend church to give.  Be there for somebody.

No comments: