Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Some Goals

As you can see I have not posted for almost a week! Here is what has consumed my time.

First, I am trying desperately to get our audio sermons to post on the First AG website. I spent all of Tuesday trying to get the taped recordings to record properly on my computer. Now I still need to post them. The recording software we are using is about to drive me crazy and I am three weeks behind on sermons. If it is worth preaching, it is worth podcasting! I am determined to get weekend messages on the web site every Monday! That is goal #1.

Second, I have been working hard to replace some equipment in the office. We are not capable of buying the kind of copier I eventually want. The copier I would like would replace our network printer, fax machine, scanner, and copier. It would also have some sorting, stapling and binding capabilities. We have the greatest message in the world, its should be presented in the greatest way possible. Well as of this morning we have a new printer since the old one died. Sandy and I read some scriptures, said ashes to ashes, and that old thing is gone! That is goal #2.

Third, we are buying new sound equipment for the sanctuary. You may not know it, but the main speakers don't really work at all right now! God blessed us with a gift of $1,000 recently that is dedicated to the sound ministry. When people come to church they should see up-to-date quality in the building and worship services. I am still reviewing some new quotes today. That is goal #3.

Fourth, we have committed to purchase coffee house furniture for the building. One desire of mine is to have such great fellowship at church that everyone wants to come early, not five minutes after the service starts! One step is to create a gathering place in the church that is quality. Did you know that we have a couple that is ready to lead the coffee house ministry, and God has graciously sent us an architect who has helped to design several full service coffee houses! Church needs to connect people to God and then to God's people. We hope to get the furniture in by the end of June. That is goal #4.

Fifth, I would like to post on the blog daily. I am currently learning the methods necessary to post on my blogger site from my cell phone! Sounds crazy right? But what a great opportunity. I should eventually even be able to post pics from my phone with text on the blog. As God speaks to me through things I see and lean, I want to share them with you. Jesus had his disciples walk with him for three years. I want to do what I can to invite you to walk with me! That is goal #5.

I have a few other goals, but I am out of time for now. Please keep your church staff in prayer. We need the Lord to multiply our time and efforts. We need the Lord to keep us healthy. If you have any great ideas let me know. We need to let God use our gifts and ideas together for the violent advance of God' s kingdom of peace.

No comments: