Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stab the Fat Man


I just put the finishing touches on the message for Sunday. It has been brewing for a while. I really think that the Lord has given me a specific word for a few people who will be at church on Sunday. I feel like one of the points of the message is a word of wisdom. I don't know exactly who it is for, or how many people it is for, but I feel an unbelievable direction in the message.
This is a great Sunday to bring a friend, especially if they are facing a problem that is big! Don't be afraid to invite a friend just because the title sounds a bit offensive. We are not talking about weight loss! The character standing against God in the story happened to be very fat, thus the title. So, if you are upset about the title, read Judges 3:12-30 and don't worry.
I am writing out more and more of my messages. I feel that I need to be more specific about what I say and don't say on Sunday mornings. I want specific direction from the Lord about the wording of the sermons. Often illustrations pop into my mind, but I am cutting back on them unless I feel a strong direction from the Lord. I always continue to need the direction of the Holy Spirit and the humility to follow.

No comments: