Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Rewind

We had a great missions weekend! Here are some highlights.
1. The Small Group meetings were excellent! If you missed these you really missed out. The people in these groups learned more about missions than you could learn in four missions sermons.
2. I was extremely pleased with the services on Sunday. There was a great attitude of worship.
3. I was extremely pleased with the media presentations that went with each missionary presentation on Sunday. HUGE THANKS to RICH LANGENBERG! You are a genius.
4. We had a great missions offering over $780.00.

I am pleased with the offering. We add to it and then divide it between the three missionaries who are with us. However, I don't want my pleasure with the offering to limit us or our dreams in the future. Next year I hope to have over $1,000.00 in each of our Missions Weekend offerings.

Finally, our Leadership Council met last week and reviewed the summer missions giving and it is increasing! So this morning I picked up three new missionaries. Their information will be available for the missions board in a few weeks. We now support 31 missionaries. We also have increased our giving to our missionaries by moving our minimum support amount from $50 up to $55 per month. I thank God that in a bad economic year our missions giving is going UP!!

No comments: